Is your NordicTrack treadmill stuck on the iFit screen? Do not worry, I have found the solution. This issue is related to software. So, you can recover the machine by applying a few easy hacks.
Solution#1. Restart Your NordicTrack
The first action to perform is a quick restart. It is also called a power cycle. This restart can be easily performed on a stuck screen.
- Unplug your treadmill from the wall power outlet.
- Make sure the safety key is connected.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now, connect the machine back to the power source and turn it ON.
- Reboot again if it does not work the first time.
Solution#2. Clear Cache
Since your machine is stuck on the iFit screen, you cannot access settings. However, you have to clear the cache. It will delete the system bugs and useless data. So, here is how to do it;
- Disconnect power from your treadmill.
- The safety key should be inserted into the machine.
- After 60 seconds, connect the power again.
- Immediately, try to select the settings before it gets to the update screen.
- If you can access “Settings”, choose “Apps”.
- Next, click on “iFit” and then select the “Clear data/cache” option.
- Finally, restart your machine. Hopefully, it will start working normally.
Solution#3. Restart Your Router
The issue can arise due to a poor internet connection. Your Wifi is slow. Therefore, the machine is stuck on the iFit screen. So, restart and reset your Wifi router.
Simply turn OFF the router for 60 seconds and then turn it back ON. Find the reset button on the device or restart it. This trick can fix your treadmill.
Solution#4. Run the Diagnostic Mode
Running the diagnostic mode can help find out the root cause. Here is how to do it;
- Remove the safety key from your machine.
- Hold the “stop” and “speed up” buttons simultaneously. Meanwhile, insert the safety key.
- Release the buttons once the diagnostic mode starts.
- Next, press the stop button once.
- Now, press the incline or speed button to adjust the settings.
Solution#5. Perform a Factory Reset
All models of NordicTrack cannot be restored to factory settings. This function is available only on the latest models having the 7.1 version.
You cannot perform a factory reset if your machine features an HDMI and USB.
- Make sure your treadmill is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Disconnect power by unplugging the machine from the power outlet.
- Find the pinhole at the back or on the side of your console. It is used to reset the machine to factory settings.
- Please see the user manual to locate the pinhole.
- Insert a paperclip into the hole. Press and hold it for a few seconds. Meanwhile, turn ON the power switch.
- Take out the paper clip when the screen comes ON.
- A message saying “system recovery: please wait…” will appear in blue color.
- The bootup process will take 30 minutes to complete.
- If the machine has been reset successfully, a prompt will ask you to connect to Wifi and set the time zone.
- The latest software will download automatically on connecting to Wifi.
- Finally, the iFit logo screen will be uploaded.
- You have to log in to your iFit account by entering the username and password.
- However, if the message in blue does not appear, try the reset again.
Solution#6. Contact NordicTrack Support
The basic troubleshooting tricks should release the stuck screen. I recommend you apply each hack twice. The issue should not persist for too long.
However, if nothing helps then you should contact NordicTrack customer support. Maybe your machine has some hardware fault. So, the company can diagnose and fix it better.
FAQs About NordicTrack Treadmill
Do you want to learn more about exercising and treadmills? Read the following commonly asked questions.
How much do I have to monthly pay for iFit?
iFit subscription is not too costly. It offers two subscription plans. It costs just $15 per month for an individual. While the cost is $39 per month for the family plan.
Is it possible to override iFit?
Yes, you can override or bypass iFit. Just hold the iFit or Bluetooth button for 30 seconds almost. In this way, you can bypass the iFit activation. Hence, you can now use the onboard workouts.
What to do if my treadmill screen is not working?
The most important thing to check is the power supply. Make sure your treadmill is connected firmly to the power outlet. Moreover, check the cable connections at the back of the screen and other parts. Put the fresh batteries if your machine has any replaceable batteries. Also, try to power cycle and reset your machine.
Can I use iFit in free mode?
iFit offers a free trial period on a Premium membership. You can enjoy a 30-days free trial. The individual plan is very cheap costing only $15 per month. The subscription can be canceled at any time.
Are NordicTrack treadmills worth buying?
Indeed, NordicTrack manufactures high-quality treadmills. It is one of the top brands in the exercise industry. So, you can choose any of their machine depending on your specific requirements.
Is it safe to keep my NordicTrack exercise machine in the garage?
It is not recommended to keep your machine in the garage. Because it is a moist and cold area. Hence, the environment can cause the malfunction of the machine. Instead, you should keep it in a safe place.
Sometimes, the issue can be external such as slow internet. So, you have to check external factors besides troubleshooting your machine. Hopefully, this guide has fixed your NordicTrack treadmill stuck on the iFit screen.