Modern technology has made our life very convenient. However, advanced machines are prone to different problems. For example, people are complaining about NordicTrack iFit blank screen.
This situation occurs all of a sudden or after a software update. The causes can be related to the software as well as the hardware. In most cases, I found a software issue.
Nevertheless, we have to check the hardware components also. Let us know how to fix a malfunctioning screen.
Tip#1. Check Power Supply
Unplug your treadmill from the wall power outlet. Wait a few seconds and plug it back again. Make sure the machine is plugged in securely. Check the power outlet if it is working or not.
Moreover, connect your treadmill to a different electrical outlet. Also, check the circuit breaker and reset it. Because a power surge can cause tripping.
Tip#2. Install the Security Key
rack treadmills feature a safety key. Its purpose is to protect kids and pets. In case of an emergency, the safety key can stop the machine instantly. So, it is necessary to keep this key inserted.
Otherwise, the machine will not work. Now, you have to make sure that the key is inserted into your machine. Take it out and reinsert it securely. Then, restart your treadmill and check the screen.
Tip#3. Hard Reset Your NordicTrack
The best solution for all problems is a hard reset. It can solve all screen-related issues including the blank display. However, your machine must have a reset button. Here is the step-by-step process;
- First of all, you have to find the reset button on your machine. It is a small pinhole located at the back or side.
- If your exercise machine has an HDMI or USB, it may not have a reset button. Please read the user guide to find the exact location.
- Next, connect your treadmill to a stable Wifi internet.
- Turn OFF your NordicTrack exercise machine. Also, unplug it from the wall outlet to disconnect the power completely.
- Now, take a paperclip, pen, or toothpick. After locating the reset button, insert the paperclip into the pinhole.
- While holding down the reset button, connect the machine to the power source and turn it ON.
- Continue pressing the reset hole until the screen comes ON. Release the button at this point.
- If the process is successful, the screen will display the message “Reinstalling the software”. You will also see a progress bar.
- Next, follow the screen instructions. Connect to Wifi and log in to your iFit account.
- Once the process is complete, your machine will start working normally.
- Repeat the steps again if it was not successful on the first attempt.
Tip#4. Check the Console
If the factory reset does not work, your console may be bad. It can be checked in the following way;
- Locate the motor of your machine. Remove its cover to expose the inner parts.
- There is a red LED on the LMC board. Observe this indicator for some moments.
- A flashing red LED indicates that the console is working well.
- While a solid light indicates that the console has gone bad. So, you need to repair or replace it.
Tip#5. Secure Wiring
Sometimes, the blank screen issue occurs on a new machine. It can also happen after changing the location of the machine. The wiring can be disconnected.
So, you have to examine the cables and wires. Look at the back of the console and make sure everything is connected properly. Also, locate the damaged wires.
Tip#6. Contact NordicTrack
Almost all users fixed their treadmills by performing a factory reset. You should also check the other issues. Be sure to follow all the tips mentioned in this guide. I hope they will work.
However, if nothing can fix your machine then you should seek professional help. Consult a technician or NordicTrack support if you are unable to diagnose the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions About NordicTrack Treadmill
Following frequently asked questions will help you further in fixing your exercise machine.
Can NordicTrack treadmill work without Wifi?
Yes, it can work without connecting to Wifi. You can use all the manual modes and features without the internet. However, iFit requires Wifi.
What applications work with NordicTrack?
NordicTrack works with the iFit app, iFit Bluetooth, and RockMyRun apps. It can also work with many other apps such as music and video streaming applications.
Can I watch TV and Netflix on my NordicTrack screen?
This treadmill supports TV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. But, you cannot stream directly on the provided iFit tablet. Instead, you need to attach a smartphone, tablet, or TV screen.
Can I keep my treadmill plugged in?
It is not a good idea to keep your machine plugged in always. After every use, turn it OFF completely and unplug it from the electrical source. In this way, you can extend its life. Moreover, this habit also reduces energy consumption and electrical bills.
Can I connect Bluetooth headphones to my NordicTrack treadmill?
Yes, it supports Bluetooth functionality. Hence, you can connect wireless Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill. It lets you enjoy music while exercising.
I always bring the best solutions to your problems. I am sure this guide will work 100%. By following all the directions correctly, you can easily fix your NordicTrack blank iFit screen issue.