There are many occasions when you need to reset your exercise machines. This guide will tell you multiple reset methods for the LifeSpan treadmill.
Whenever your machine poses an issue, you should try these tricks. Be sure to follow this guide till the end. I also have a surprise gift for you.
Where is the Reset Button on LifeSpan Treadmill?
Your machine has a dedicated reset button. It is a tiny hole that may have different locations. Look at the button at the underside of the console.
It may be located beside the power cord. Follow the power cord where it goes into the machine. Read the user manual of your machine to get further help.
Method#1: Factory Reset Your LifeSpan
The hard reset will delete all the saved data and settings. Hence, you will need to customize everything again. However, it is a promising trick to solve many problems. Here is the process;
- Disconnect your LifeSpan from the power source.
- Leave it OFF for 30-60 seconds.
- Now, remove the safety key. Also, connect the machine to the power outlet.
- Insert a paperclip or toothpick into the “RESET” pinhole.
- Press and hold it until “10” appears on the screen.
- Next press the “Enter” button 5 times. Press the “Start” button one time and then press “Enter” again.
- Insert the safety key and click “Enter” once more.
- The process will take some minutes to complete. Please avoid using machines during this time.
Method#2: Power Cycle
A quick restart or power cycle can also fix a number of problems. It is a simple and easy method. Moreover, you can try it multiple times. This method does not remove any data.
Instead, it refreshes your machine. Especially, a restart is helpful for solving the overheating issue. So, let us learn how to do it;
- Unplug your machine from the wall power outlet.
- Flip the “Power” button on the machine to the OFF position.
- Keep it turned OFF for 60 seconds.
- Now, plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Turn ON your treadmill by pressing the power button on it.
Note: You can keep the machine OFF for more than 60 seconds (1-5 hours). It will help drain all the power and will reboot the system.
Method#2: Reset LifeSpan Console
Sometimes, you may want to reset the treadmill console. It deletes the current workout data. This is usually done on commercial machines.
Because multiple people use it. However, do it on your personal treadmill to resolve the functional problems.
- Turn ON your treadmill and connect it to the power.
- Press and hold the Stop or Pause button for 3-5 seconds.
- Release the button when the screen becomes clear.
- Now, you can customize the settings again.
Bonus: Tips to Maintain Your LifeSpan Treadmill
Maintenance is very necessary to keep your treadmill healthy and to increase its lifespan. You should invest time in taking care of your equipment. Here are some effective tips to follow;
Clean your machine regularly. Especially, focusing on delicate and important parts. Because dust and debris can affect its normal functioning.
- Inspect the different parts at least once a week. For example, check the power cord, connection wires, belt, motor, console, and deck.
- Lubricate the belt every 3-6 months. Otherwise, friction will cause various problems. Use a recommended and good-quality lubricant.
- Tighten the Conveyor belt and the bolts. A loose bolt or belt can cause workout accidents.
- Do not eat and drink while walking on your machine. Because a drink can spill and destroy the machine. Likewise, small food crumbs can trap in the machine leading to functional problems.
- Keep your pets and children away from the treadmill. It is better for the safety of both the machine and the kids.
FAQs About LifeSpan Treadmill
Here are some important questions that are frequently asked by users. Review them to know more about treadmills and exercise.
Why is my treadmill not working but has power?
Align the driver belt properly. Moreover, lubricate the belt to eliminate friction. Inspect the cable connections and power cord. Secure all the connections. Restart and hard reset your treadmill.
What are the do’s and don’ts on a treadmill?
Do not run too close to the front belt. Avoid holding onto the sides of the treadmill. Do not look down at your feet while walking or running. Start at a slow speed and less time in the beginning.
What is the recommended speed to run on a treadmill?
Different workouts are done at different speeds. 2-4 mph is recommended for normal walking. 5 mph is good for a fast walk or light jogging. More than 5 mph is suggested for running or proper jogging.
Should I take a meal before or after a workout on a treadmill?
As you know, food is fuel for our body. So, take a small but energetic meal before a workout. Eating sugar and carbohydrates is good because they are digested quickly. Start a workout 30-60 minutes after eating a small meal or snack. Avoid eating fats and heavy meals.
Why do I feel dizzy after finishing a workout on my treadmill?
Dehydration is the most common cause. Drink plenty of water before starting a workout. It is a sensation in your brain. Because you run or walk for several minutes. The brain feels that you are moving forward in space. However, your body is in the same place.
Also read: NordicTrack X22i Incline Not Working-Best Hacks
This guide has told you 3 methods to reset your LifeSpan treadmill. I hope you like my “How to” guides and other informative articles. I will appreciate it if you give your precious reviews in the comment section.