Kenmore is one of the famous vacuum cleaners. But, do you know how to reset your Kenmore if it is not working properly? Do not worry, you will learn the exact method in this guide.
In fact, you may not find an authentic method online. However, I have found the right way after some trial and error.
Why Reset Your Kenmore Vacuum?
Resetting your machine is very necessary to solve a number of technical and functional issues. Many a time, the problems can be solved by a simple reset.
For example, if the machine is not working properly or not charging. Sometimes, the brush fails to roll, the motor stops working, or the air passage is blocked.
All these problems can be fixed by performing a reset. So, let us learn how to do it.
Method 1: Power Reset Kenmore Vacuum
Here is the power reset method for your vacuum;
- Disconnect the power cord or the charger from the wall power outlet.
- Leave your vacuum in the OFF state for 30 minutes.
- The motor cools down and the thermal protector resets automatically.
- After the machine is fully cooled down, you can turn it ON and use it for cleaning.
Method 2: Quick Reset Kenmore
Some Kenmore cleaners have a dedicated reset button. It may be labeled or can be identified by viewing the user guide.
Mostly this button looks like a breaker. You have to pull out and push back this button. If you hear a click sound, the reset has been completed.
A Few Tips to Maintain Your Kenmore Vacuum
Proper maintenance is necessary to avoid problems with your electronic devices. In addition to vacuuming your home, the cleaners also need to be cleaned.
- Remove the trash regularly from the bag before filling it fully. Clean the bag and replace it at the right time.
- Wipe down your machine after every cleaning cycle. Keep it neat and tidy to avoid any debris accumulation.
- Filters can get clogged due to poor maintenance. Hence, they need to be cleaned on regular basis.
- Likewise, you have to clean and wash the brushes. Because they are the main components.
- Do not leave your vacuum in the ON position unnecessarily. Shut it OFF when not in use and avoid leaving it unattended.
- Use the machine only for the mentioned purpose. Some cleaning machines are not designed to use in wet places.
- Store the machine in a cool and dry place after use.
- Do not make your cleaner suck sharp items like coins, pins, screws, nails, needles, or other sharp-edged objects.
FAQs About Kenmore Vacuum
You may have further questions regarding the Kenmore vacuum. Read the following frequently asked questions to learn more.
Why is my Kenmore Vacuum brush role not working?
The vacuum brush roll stops working due to two reasons. Either the brush is dirty or it is broken. Clean the brush roll properly to make it work again. However, if it is broken, replace the brush.
Can I run my Kenmore vacuum without a belt?
The belt is an important component of the vacuum machine. Because it is responsible to spin the brush roll. If it is broken, the device will not pick up the debris. Hence, you should inspect the belt once a month. Look for any cracks, melting, or slipping in the rubber belt.
What to do if my Kenmore Canister Vacuum cleaner not working?
The problem usually occurs due to poor power supply. So, make sure your Canister is plugged in and getting adequate power. Moreover, connect the hose firmly to the machine. Empty the trash bin and replace the dust bag. Also, look if the “Check Bag” light is illuminating.
What are the warning signs of a bad or burnt vacuum motor?
The first warning sign is the strong smell from your machine. Other signs include smoke and unusual noises coming out of your cleaner. Automatic shutting ON/OFF and overheating are also warnings that the motor is going bad.
Is it worth repairing my Kenmore vacuum cleaner?
It depends on the situation and cost. If a small component has gone bad, you should replace it as it cost little. However, if the main component has failed like the motor, you should consider replacing the machine itself. You should not spend more than 50% of the original price to repair your vacuum.
Also Read: Kenmore Progressive Vacuum Power Head Not Working
This guide has taught you two ways to reset your Kenmore Vacuum cleaner. I also discussed how to maintain your machine. Be sure to follow the tips to avoid any grave issues.