Last updated on March 25th, 2023 at 10:16 pm
The Assault bike is one of the popular exercise machines. You will miss your workout if the bike monitor is not working. Some followers reported that their monitor is working weirdly.
Whenever the machine is turned ON, the display sticks at a particular point or does not come ON. So, you are unable to start a workout. However, this issue can be fixed very easily. Just follow my guide till the end.
Fix#1. A Quick Restart
First of all, restart your bike. It will help remove temporary software glitches. Here is how to do it;
- Turn OFF your Assault bike and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for 1-5 minutes and keep it OFF.
- Now, connect the power cord again. Press the power button to switch ON the machine.
- Repeat this process two or more times. Hopefully, the monitor will start working normally.
Fix#2. Hard Reset the Monitor
If a quick restart does not work then try a hard reset. It will restore the factory settings on your monitor. You will have to recalibrate everything. However, the problem will be solved. Here is the step-by-step process.
- Turn ON your bike. Wait for the monitor to come ON.
- Now, press and hold the “Stop” button for a few seconds.
- Release the button when the console screen clears out and starts beeping. The display will hard reset itself.
- The console of your Assault bike has removable batteries.
- Reach for the battery compartment and remove its cover.
- Take out the batteries and wait for 20-30 seconds.
- Now, reinsert the batteries and turn ON the machine.
Fix#3. Replace Batteries
Check the batteries of your bike. The removable batteries expire after a certain time. So, you have to put in the new batteries. Otherwise, the monitor will not work.
Confirm the type used in your bike. Generally, the bike requires AA batteries. However, you should check the user manual. Purchase fresh and new batteries and replace the old ones.
Fix#4. Check Power
The insufficient power supply is another cause. Thus, the console does not work properly. Plug the power cord firmly into the wall outlet.
Moreover, check the power supply outlet whether has a current or not. Another solution is to connect your bike to a different power supply outlet. Do not use extension cords.
Fix#5. Check the Cables and Connections
One major reason is loose connections or damaged cables. The console gets power via the cables. Loose cables cause power loss. Locate all the cables attached to the console.
Make sure each cord is firmly connected. Also, check joints and connections. If the parts are detached, connect them securely.
Moreover, check the health of the cables and wires. Repair or replace damaged and worn-out cords.
Fix#6. Replace the Monitor
The basic troubleshooting steps should fix the problem. Otherwise, the monitor is bad. It is broken or expired. Be sure to double-check the power, connections, and cables.
Also, perform a restart and reset. If the screen comes ON, check all the buttons by pressing them.
However, if the issue has not been resolved, you should get a new monitor for your Assault bike. Contact Assault to diagnose the issue or to get a new monitor.
Bonus: Learn to Replace Assault Bike Monitor
The monitor has a shorter lifespan as compared to the bike. But, it is a necessary component. So, you have to replace it if it is not working at all. Here, I will explain how can you replace the monitor in a few easy steps;
- Switch OFF your Assault bike and unplug it from the power source.
- 2 screws attach the monitor to the bike frame. Take a screwdriver and remove both screws.
- Now, disconnect all the wires from the console. But, take a picture and remember which wire goes where.
- Detach the old monitor from the machine.
- Put the new monitor on the frame.
- Place the two screws and tighten them.
- Finally, attach all the cables in the correct order.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Assault Bike
Following frequently asked questions will help you further in fixing your exercise machine.
Does the Assault bike have a Bluetooth feature?
Yes, the Assault bike comes with a wireless Bluetooth feature. Hence, you can connect it to your smartphone or other wireless devices. The connected wireless device can be used to follow the exercise routine.
Is it worth buying a folding exercise bike?
If you choose wisely, folding bikes are totally worth it. The greatest advantage is that they occupy less space and are portable. Moreover, the workout quality is no less than the stationary bikes.
What should be the heart rate while working out on an exercise bike?
Here is a simple formula to calculate the target heart rate while biking. Subtract your age from the value “220”. For example, if your age is 30, your heart rate should be 190 bpm (beats per minute) while biking.
Can I do a workout on my bike every day?
Doing biking every day is good for your health. It has a positive effect on vital organs such as the heart and lungs. Moreover, cycling also strengthens heart muscles, improves blood circulation, and reduces fat.
How much time I should spend on an exercise bike every day?
Generally, 15-20 minutes are enough for biking. Many studies agree upon this duration. Start at a moderate speed and increase gradually. It will improve your heart health.
You may also like: How to Reset LifeSpan Treadmill-Best Solutions
So, a few easy and quick steps can fix your Assault bike monitor that is not working. Be sure to apply all the solutions correctly. Keep following for more information.