Compustar and Arctic Start are almost the same security systems for cars. They work with an advanced remote start. If your device is not working, troubleshoot it.
The remote fails to start the car normally. Because the security system cannot work properly without the remote. Hence, your vehicle is vulnerable to theft.
Therefore, you should fix the issue as soon as possible. Before going to a repair shop, try some simple tricks.
1. Check the Lock Function
The first thing to check is the lock function. Check this feature if you have used the remote to lock and unlock the door. Press the “Lock/Unlock” button and see whether the doors respond or not.
If this function does not work, the remote transmitter is bad. Troubleshoot the remote by the following methods.
2. Replace the Batteries
Your Compustar remote control needs fresh batteries. The older batteries are expired. Therefore, the device is not working. So, purchase good quality and compatible batteries and put in the remote.
If it does not use batteries, check the power. Plug it into the power system via the USB charger. The remote is rechargeable if it has a USB port.
3. Check the Antenna
Locate the remote antenna inside your car. The connections should be secure. Connect the antenna firmly to the harness. Any loose connection can interfere with the signal transmission.
The antenna is located behind the rearview mirror adjacent to the windshield. Disconnect the antenna cable for 60 seconds. Plug the cable again.
4. Diagnose the Error with Flash
The error in your security system can be diagnosed with light flashes. You perform certain steps and then count the number of times the parking light flashes.
Look at the number in the error table and diagnose the issue. Here is the process;
- Remove the car key from the ignition.
- Close all the doors, hood, and trunk properly.
- Start your car with the Compustar/Arctic Start remote.
- Then, observe the second set of parking lights.
- Count the number of times the lights flash.
- The parking lights will flash thrice and then pause. They will start flashing again continuously.
- In the second round, the lights will blink anywhere between 1-10 times.
Now, diagnose the issue as follows;
Lights flashing 1 to 8 times indicate the vehicle has tach sensing issues.
- 3 flashes indicate an open door
- 4 flashes indicate the trunk is open
- 6 flashes tell the hood is open.
- The parking light blinking 5 times tells that the foot brake is engaged.
- Finally, the number 10 indicates that the system is in “Valet” mode.
5. Fix the Tach Sensing
You have diagnosed the root cause. Now, you can fix it accordingly. As I mentioned, 3-1 or 3-8 flashes indicate some Tach sensing issue. Here is how do you fix this problem;
- Put the key in the ignition or press the button to start the engine.
- Now, press and hold the foot brake. Meanwhile, press the “Remote Start” button for 3 seconds.
- The parking lights should flash one time.
- Remove the key from the ignition and turn OFF the engine.
- Finally, remote start your car with the Arctic Start remote. Hopefully, it will work now.
6. Your Compustar is in Valet Mode
The valet mode disables the alarm system and the remote. So, the remote cannot work. Therefore, you have to exit. Try to remote start your vehicle, the following signs tell that your Compustar is in valet mode;
- The parking light flashes 3 times, pauses, and then flashes 10 times.
- The LCD screen will show Z’s conveying that the vehicle is in sleep mode.
- Try to unlock and lock the doors. If no parking light flashes, the system is in valet mode.
7. How to Exit Valet Mode?
Once you have confirmed, it is necessary to exit the valet mode. Otherwise, your remote will not work. There are different methods depending on the type of remote. I would explain all of them;
2W902R-SP and 4-Button Compustar Remotes
- Insert the car key into the ignition. Move it to the “ON/Run” but do not start the engine.
- Now, press the “Lock” and “Trunk” buttons at the same time.
- Remove the key from the ignition and start your car with the remote.
2WT11, T12-SS, and 2W901R-SS Remotes
- Put the key into the ignition and turn to the “ON/Run” position. But, do not start the engine.
- On your Arctic Start remote, press the “Function/F” button 3 times.
- Then, click the “Lock” button.
- Parking lights will flash twice. This indicates that your car has exited valet mode.
- Finally, take out the key and remote start your car.
Aftermarket or One-Button Remote
- Start the vehicle engine with the key in the ignition.
- Press and release the foot brake pedal 10 times. You have to do it quickly in 10 seconds.
- Two flashes indicate an exit from the Valet mode.
- Remove the key and start the car with the remote.
8. Reprogram the Remote Starter
Please note that you are not supposed to start the engine. Also, do not put your foot on the brake pedal. Keep all the car doors closed during reprogramming.
- Insert the vehicle key into the ignition.
- Turn the ignition OFF and ON 5 times within 10 seconds.
- At the final attempt, the key should be in the “ON” position. The parking light will flash once.
- Press the “Lock” button on the remote. The parking light will flash once again.
- Wait until the light flashes 2 times again. It will take almost 10 seconds.
- Now, your remote is reprogrammed.
- Click the “Lock/unlock” button to confirm the programming. Otherwise, repeat the process again.
FAQs Related to Arctic Start Remote
Here are some important questions that are frequently asked by users. Review them to know more about vehicle security systems.
Can I program multiple remotes to my Compustar security system?
You can program 3 remotes to your Compustar/Arctic Start security system. However, the 2WSSR supports only one remote. Moreover, the Compustar remotes cannot be used with the security systems from other brands.
How do I start my vehicle with Compustar remote?
Press and hold the “Key/Start” button for 3 seconds. This action will remote start your car. The remote should beep once and the backlight should flash. This confirms that the vehicle has successfully received the remote commands.
How to disable Compustar/Arctic Start starter?
Put the car key into the ignition. But, do not start the engine. Turn the key between the “ON/OFF” position 5 times or until the alarm stops. This will disable the remote starter.
Also Read: Viper Alarm Not Locking Doors-Quick Guide
If nothing helps, please contact Compustar customer support. The company can diagnose the root cause. If necessary, you can get a replacement remote.
Hopefully, your Compustar/Arctic Start remote starter is working now. Because I have explained all the troubleshooting steps. Keep following for further solutions and information.